(2016) (Griffin Gluck, Lauren Graham) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: The new kid at a middle school decides to take on the dictator-like principal and his ultra-strict, sometimes ridiculous, and far too numerous rules.
- Rafe Khatchadorian (GRIFFIN GLUCK) is the new transfer student at Hills Village Middle School. A troubled kid who's been kicked out of two other schools in the past two semesters, Rafe is pretty much facing his last chance, something not lost on his single mom, Jules (LAUREN GRAHAM), or younger sister, Georgia (ALEXA NISENSON). But it wouldn't bother Jules' self-centered and obnoxious boyfriend, Carl (ROB RIGGLE), who can't stand either kid anyway.
Things aren't much better at the new school, however, what with the resident bully, Miller (JACOB HOPKINS), immediately picking on Rafe, while Principal Dwight (ANDY DALY) and Vice-Principal Stricker (RETTA) are strict enforcers of their ultra-strict, sometimes ridiculous, and far too numerous rules.
Fortunately, Rafe has a good teacher in the form of Mr. Teller (ADAM PALLY), draws the eye of AV club president Jeanne (ISABELA AMARA), and has an ally in his best friend, Leo (THOMAS BARBUSCA). It's the latter who convinces Rafe that they should set out to break as many of the school's ridiculous rules as they can, especially after Principal Dwight destroys Rafe's prized sketch book and the various cartoon characters he's created in that.
When the principal learns that someone is bucking his rules, he sets out to find and stop whoever that might be, all while Rafe's actions put him at risk of being shipped off to military school by Carl who's now engaged to Jules.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those in middle school might be interested, as might any who are fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For rude humor throughout, language and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.