(2016) (Jason Statham, Jessica Alba) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A former assassin falls in love, but is then blackmailed into performing three assassinations for an international arms dealer.
- Arthur Bishop (JASON STATHAM) is an enigmatic former assassin who has given up his life of killing to live the anonymous life off the grid in Brazil. But an arms dealer from his past named Crain (SAM HAZELDINE) wants to hire him to pull off three assassinations of his rival super-criminals and make them look like accidents.
Bishop declines and erases his identity once again, fleeing to Thailand to spend time with his friend, Mei (MICHELLE YEOH). There, he saves a young woman named Gina (JESSICA ALBA) from being battered by her abusive boyfriend, Frank (ANTEO QUINTAVALLE), and they fall in love. But Bishop almost immediately learns that the whole thing has been a set-up, and that Gina is being used as bait to do Crain's bidding.
When Gina is kidnapped and taken hostage, Bishop finally agrees to do the three contract hits. The first is against an African warlord named Krill (FEMI ELUFOWOJU JR.), who is currently in a seemingly impregnable floating prison. The second is against a former Australian sex trafficker turned weapons seller named Adrian Cook (TOBY EDDINGTON). And the third is against an extremely wealthy arms dealer named Max Adams (TOMMY LEE JONES), whose arsenal includes former Soviet nuclear submarines.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older male teens who are action junkies or who want to see Jessica Alba in a bikini might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence throughout and language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.