(2016) (Ben Winchell, Maria Bello) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A teenage boy discovers he has super powers and is hunted by the same alien forces that may have killed his father years earlier.
- Max McGrath (BEN WINCHELL) is a 17-year-old boy who has moved eight times in his life with his widowed mom, Molly (MARIA BELLO). She swears their latest move will be their last, as they are moving back to the town and house they shared as a family with Max's late dad, Jim (MIKE DOYLE), before he tragically and mysteriously died when Max was a baby.
Max is a bit of a loner, having moved so many times. But he is immediately attracted to Sofia (ANA VILLAFANE), a pretty classmate who accidentally runs him over with her truck. At the same time, though, he is starting to exhibit strange supernatural powers. He seems to be able to channel pure energy, activate machines, deactivate cell phones and computers, and fire concentrated power blasts. He finds it tougher and tougher to control these abilities, which always seem to ignite when he gets emotional.
He attracts the attention of two separate individuals. The first is his father's former colleague, Dr. Miles Edwards (ANDY GARCIA), who may or may not hold the answer to the mystery of Max's father's death. The second is an amnesiac alien intelligence known as Steel (voice of JOSH BRENER), who seeks to merge with Max to create a powerful being that can battle a group of sinister and hostile aliens known as the "Ultralinks."
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes, young kids and pre-teens and some young teens will be drawn to the PG-13 rating, the fact that it's based on a somewhat popular cartoon and toy line, and the young and good-looking leads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sci-fi action violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.