(2016) (Liam Hemsworth, Jeff Goldblum) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: Twenty years after the first such occurrence, earthlings must again contend with an extraterrestrial attack on the planet.
- Twenty years after a plucky group of individuals managed to defeat an alien invasion, those on Earth have created the Earth Space Defense (ESD), headquartered at the Area 51 military base and designed to serve as Earth's early warning system for any such future attacks. The former President of the United States, Thomas J. Whitmore (BILL PULLMAN), is now retired but suffering painful visions about the alien invasion, something that concerns his daughter, Patricia (MAIKA MONROE), who's a speechwriter for President Elizabeth Lanford (SELA WARD).
She's also the girlfriend to Jake Morrison (LIAM HEMSWORTH), a military pilot who's been relegated -- along with his partner, Charlie (TRAVIS TOPE) -- to flying a tug ship on the moon due to a training mishap involving Dylan Dubrow-Hiller (JESSIE USHER) that nearly left him dead. Dylan -- son of hospital administrator Jasmine (VIVICA A. FOX) -- is a revered pilot, much like Rain Lao (ANGELBABY) whose uncle runs the command post on the moon.
Suffering painful visions like Thomas is African warlord Dikembe Umbutu (DEOBIA OPAREI) who's allowed ESD scientist David Levinson (JEFF GOLDBLUM) to enter his territory -- as has his government tag-along Floyd (JAMES A. WOODS) and fellow alien researcher Dr. Catherine Marceaux (CHARLOTTE GAINSBOURG) -- after a long-wrecked alien spaceship has suddenly regained power. Jake ends up transporting them back to Area 51 where General Joshua Adams (WILLIAM FICHTNER) is monitoring the appearance of a massive alien ship that's arrived near the moon, all while scientist Dr. Brakish Okun (BRENT SPINER) has suddenly emerged from a 20-year-long coma.
That's followed by the alien ship landing across much of the Atlantic Ocean and causing all sorts of damage and death, while also putting others in jeopardy. That includes David's father, Julius (JUDD HIRSCH), who's ultimately rescued by teenager Sam (JOEY KING) and her younger siblings who are trying to flee to safety. From that point on, and as the alien ship uses a massive laser to drill toward the Earth's core, the survivors of the initial attack do what they can to figure out a plan to stop the aliens and kill their queen before it's too late
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the first film or big-budget, sci-fi spectacles, they might have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of sci-fi action and destruction, and for some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.