(2016) (Aaron Eckhart, Carice Van Houten) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A man with a tragic past enters the subconscious of an 11-year-old to kill the demonic entity that possesses the boy.
- At the age of 26, Seth Ember (AARON ECKHART) discovered that he was able to enter the subconscious minds of others. But when he tried to get away from that and lead a normal life -- including getting married and having a son -- a car accident left them dead and him wheelchair bound. To make matters worse, a demonic entity known as Maggie was responsible, and since then Seth has used his ability to evict such entities from those they possess, rather than use traditional exorcism tactics, all while hunting down the Maggie demon.
Having his reputation precede him, Vatican representative Camilla Marquez (CATALINA SANDINO MORENO) has approached him to help rid Cameron Sparrow (DAVID MAZOUZ) of a demon she believes might be the Maggie one. Cameron is an 11-year-old boy who lives with his mom, Lindsay (CARICE VAN HOUTEN), what with her having a restraining order on her husband, Dan (MATT NABLE), for previously breaking the boy's arm.
With his team -- Oliver (KEIR O'DONNELL) and Riley (EMILY JACKSON) -- helping set things up, Seth has his vitals throttled down to near death level to give him an eight-minute window to enter Cameron's subconscious where the demon has the boy held in a dream he believes is reality. His first encounter, however, has Seth realize this might be his toughest eviction yet. Determined to kill the Maggie demon once and for all, he prepares for his return visit.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those into demonic possession types of horror films might show some interest. Otherwise, it's not likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of horror violence, terror, disturbing images, brief strong language, sensuality and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.