(2016) (Dakota Johnson, Rebel Wilson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Comedy: A number of twenty-somethings navigate sex, love, loss, and life in modern-day New York City.
- Alice (DAKOTA JOHNSON) moved from her parents' house to a university dorm and then into an apartment with her boyfriend, Josh (NICHOLAS BRAUN). After four years together and having just graduated from college, Alice decides she wants to try being single in New York City just for the experience and convinces Josh to put their relationship on hiatus. She moves in with her career-driven older sister, Meg (LESLIE MANN); quickly makes friends with the promiscuous party girl, Robin (REBEL WILSON); has a one-night stand with bartender and confirmed bachelor, Tom (ANDERS HOLM); and gets into a nice, tender relationship with widower and young father, David (DAMON WAYANS Jr.)
Meanwhile, Meg has decided to get pregnant via a sperm donor. But then she meets her young dream guy, Ken (JAKE LACY), and keeps her condition from him. Tom, meanwhile, begins to develop real feelings for the first time in his life. Her name is Lucy (ALISON BRIE), a neurotic blogger who ends up getting into a committed relationship herself with stable, steady bookstore manager, George (JASON MANTZOUKAS).
It all comes to a head at Alice's rooftop birthday party, where Robin invites a now-engaged Josh along with both Tom and David. Lucy is also there and is now also engaged, to George. And Meg's water breaks and has to be rushed to the hospital by Alice and Robin.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to its young cast, Rebel Wilson of "Pitch Perfect," and its raunchy content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content and strong language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.