(2016) (Michael Shannon, Kevin Spacey) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: Various people work to set up a meeting between Elvis Presley and President Richard Nixon in the White House.
- It's 1970 and rock and roll legend Elvis Presley (MICHAEL SHANNON) has become fed-up with what he deems are increasing amounts of un-American behavior around the country, including the growing epidemic of drug use among the younger generation. Accordingly, he wants to help and believes he can by becoming an undercover government agent that would allow him to infiltrate those he believes are trying to undermine the country.
Convincing his close friend, Jerry Schilling (ALEX PETTYFER) -- who was once in the King's inner circle but now works for a movie studio in Los Angeles -- to join him, the two set out for Washington, D.C. where Elvis tries to deliver a handwritten note to Richard Nixon (KEVIN SPACEY) offering his services.
They're obviously stopped at the front gate, but the note eventually makes its way to Dwight Chapin (EVAN PETERS) and then his boss, Egil "Bud" Krogh (COLIN HANKS). The two believe a meeting between the President and Elvis could provide some much needed good PR for their boss, but higher-ups in the White House have their doubts. With bodyguard Sonny West (JOHNY KNOXVILLE) joining Elvis and Jerry in their waiting game, Bud and Dwight do what they can to make the potentially historic meeting happen.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids probably won't, but some teens might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.