(2016) (Jane Levy, Stephen Lang) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense/Thriller: Three young burglars get more than they bargained for when they break into a blind man's home in a deserted Detroit neighborhood hoping to steal a large sum of cash from him.
- Rocky (JANE LEVY), Alex (DYLAN MINNETTE) and Money (DANIEL ZOVATTO) are three friends who are desperate to get out of the poverty and dead-end nature of their bleak Detroit lives. Rocky, in particular, wants to move to California with her younger sister in order to get away from their abusive mother, with Money definitely going too and Alex being on the fence about joining them. In hopes of making some escape money, the three have been burglarizing homes protected by security systems installed by Alex's dad, meaning he knows how to deactivate the alarms and allow them easy entry and getaways.
Their latest and potentially most lucrative robbery is targeting a blind man who lives alone in an otherwise deserted and completely run-down neighborhood. Word is that he's sitting on several hundred thousand dollars in cash stemming from a wrongful death settlement involving his daughter sometime in the past. Knowing they can deactivate the alarm and figuring a blind man wouldn't prove to be much of an obstacle should they have a run-in with him, the three break into the house.
Little do they know, however, that the Blind Man (STEPHEN LANG), a war veteran, is more resourceful than they ever imagined and one-hundred percent determined not to let them rob him. When he ends up locking all of them inside his place, they must contend with trying to avoid the armed and violent man who has no intention of letting any of them out alive.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens into suspense/thriller type movies could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For terror, violence, disturbing content, and language including sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.