(2016) (Benedict Cumberbatch, Rachel McAdams) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A gravely injured surgeon seeks out a hidden world of mysticism for healing, acquires supernatural powers, and becomes embroiled in an interstellar war that threatens Earth.
- Dr. Stephen Strange (BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH) is one of the world's top neurosurgeons. He appears to have everything. Money, prestige, a staff position at one of New York City's finest hospitals, and an ongoing flirtation with the pretty Dr. Christine Palmer (RACHEL McADAMS). But the good doctor takes his hand off the wheel for a moment ... literally …... crashing his sports car outside the city and causing terrible nerve damage to his hands and fingers.
After seeking the advice of Jonathan Pangborn (BENJAMIN BRATT) a man who miraculously beat paralysis, Strange travels to Nepal to seek out a secret society of healers. What he finds is a cult-like order under the direction of The Ancient One (TILDA SWINTON). He is accepted into her inner circle, which includes the warrior Mordo (CHIWETEL EJIOFOR) and keeper of the records, Wong (BENEDICT WONG). Among them, he learns to control energy, create portals to other dimensions, and wield supernatural powers.
He also is placed into harm's way. A former disciple of The Ancient One's, Kaecilius (MADS MIKKELSEN), has returned to steal pages from a centuries-old text that he hopes to decipher. His goal is to present Earth to a malevolent, all-powerful, intergalactic tyrant named Dormammu (voice of CUMBERBATCH), who yearns to bring our world into his dark dimension and consume it.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes, indeed. It's the latest film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sci-fi violence and action throughout, and an intense crash sequence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.