(2016) (Gael Garcia Bernal, Jeffrey Dean Morgan) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Suspense: A group of illegal immigrants who've just crossed the border into the U.S. try to avoid an angry American who's determined to kill all of them.
- When a truck carrying fourteen Mexicans breaks down south of the U.S. border, two of those in charge -- Lobo (MARCO PEREZ) and Mechas (DIEGO CATANO) -- agree to guide them on foot through the desert. Among them is mechanic Moises (GAEL GARCIA BERNAL) who hopes to be reunited with his son in San Diego, having last seen the boy before being deported. And there's teenager Adela (ALONDRA HIDALGO) whose parents forced her into this border crossing journey to get her out of her dangerous Mexican town.
Little do they or the rest now on foot realize it's going to be more dangerous on the other side of the border. And that's because a vigilante named Sam (JEFFREY DEAN MORGAN) is doing his own border patrol with his faithful German Shepherd, appropriately named Tracker. After Moises, Adela, Mechas and two others end up separated from the main group, they're horrified by a distant view of Sam picking off the others one by one with his rifle.
They flee, not knowing where to go, with Sam determined to hunt them down. As he and his dog do just that, Moises does what he can to help the others avoid the killer far, far away from civilization and any hope of outside help.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If the thought of an American hunting down and killing illegal immigrants sounds enticing to them, they probably will. Otherwise, it's not that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.