(2016) (Ryan Reynolds, Ed Skrein) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Superhero Action/Comedy: An unlikely superhero with a wicked sense of humor tries to get revenge on the villains who turned him into what he's become.
- Wade Wilson (RYAN REYNOLDS) is a former Special Forces op who now works as a mercenary in New York City. He often frequents a bar run by his friend, Weasel (T.J. MILLER), where there's a betting related "dead pool" up on the wall to guess and gamble which of the bar's patrons are likely to perish next. It's there that Wade met female escort Vanessa Carlysle (MORENA BACCARIN) and the two quickly end up in bed and then each other's hearts. But then Wade learns he has late stage cancer, and desperate to live for his new girlfriend, he agrees to a nebulous experiment that reportedly will not only cure his disease but also turn him into a superhero.
But as administered by Francis "Ajax" Freeman (ED SKREIN) and his cohort, Angel Dust (GINA CARANO), it amounts to rounds of torture needed to cause the introduced serum in his body to activate. Once it does, it cures the cancer, but it also badly disfigures his skin while also essentially making him immortal, at least from physical harm. Not wanting Vanessa to see him that way, he ends up rooming with blind former druggie, Blind Al (LESLIE UGGAMS), while also becoming a crime fighter using the name of his newfound superhero alter-ego, Deadpool.
But his vigilante ways don't sit well with two fellow mutants -- the hulking and metallic Colossus (voice of STEFAN KAPICIC) and the energy wave controlling Negasonic Teenage Warhead (BRIANNA HILDEBRAND) -- who want him to join the X-Men forces. He's more interested, however, in finding Ajax and getting his revenge, all while behaving in a decidedly irreverent and profane way.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of the comic book on which it's based, or superhero movies in general probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence and language throughout, sexual content and graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) Take advantage of our Black Friday Membership Sale for a one-year membership,and save $10 off our regular price ($47), AND get 2 EXTRA MONTHS FREE (a Total Savings of more than 32%)! This offer happens only ONCE A YEAR and is only good NOW until midnight, Monday November 30, so don't wait!
You'll get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.