(2016) (James Allen McCune, Callie Hernandez) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A small group of people enter supposedly haunted woods in hopes of finding one man's sister who mysteriously disappeared years ago.
- Back when he was four-years-old, James (JAMES ALLEN McCUNE) had to deal with his older sister mysteriously disappearing somewhere in the Black Hills woods near Burkittsville, Maryland. She and two other student filmmakers were there to film a documentary about a local legend known as the Blair Witch. They were never found, but their footage of scary encounters with something seemingly supernatural was. Now, new footage has been found including a brief glimpse of a figure in a dilapidated house in those same woods.
James is certain it's his sister and thus heads there to look for her. Accompanying him is his friend, Lisa (CALLIE HERNANDEZ), who's going to document his search; his childhood friend Peter (BRANDON SCOTT) who doesn't believe anything about the legend; and his girlfriend, Ashley (CORBIN REID). They meet a local couple, Lane (WES ROBINSON) and Talia (VALORIE CURRY), who reportedly found and posted that new footage, and those two want to tag along in exchange for showing James where they found the tape.
The six then enter the woods and set up camp for the night, only to have spooky things happen. From then on, James and the others must contend with an increasing amount of scary and possibly supernatural stuff occurring to them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of the original "The Blair Witch Project" or horror films in general, they might.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, terror and some disturbing images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.