(2016) (Billy Bob Thornton, Kathy Bates) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Former partners in crime reunite to once again pose as a Santa Claus and an elf to steal from a Chicago charity.
- Conman Willie Soke (BILLY BOB THORNTON) is once again down on his luck. He lost his girlfriend, he's broke, and he wants to end it all. But three things prevent him from doing that. One, his general ineptitude when it comes to trying to commit suicide. Two, a simple-minded young man named Thurman Merman (BRETT KELLY), who he befriended as a child and who still looks up to him more than a decade later. And, three, the reappearance of his old partner in crime, Marcus (TONY COX).
Despite betraying him and nearly killing him 13 years earlier, Marcus is able to convince Willie to pull one last scam that could net them $2 million. The plan is to once again pose as Santa Claus and an elf and rob a Chicago-based children's charity. Willie doesn't find out until he gets to the Windy City that the mastermind behind this plot is his crass, crooked, abusive mother, Sunny (KATHY BATES).
Willie reluctantly agrees to stay, but only after he becomes smitten with the charity's buxom, alcoholic leader, Diane (CHRISTINA HENDRICKS), and her philandering husband, Regent (RYAN HANSEN). Matters are complicated when Thurman shows up, wanting to spend the holidays with Willie. And hot on their trail is a trigger-happy security guard named Dorfman (JEFF SKOWRON) and a sexually adventurous security guard named Gina (JENNY ZIGRINO).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Kids should NOT see this, but teens may be attracted to it because of its hard-R rating and extreme sexual content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content throughout and language, and some graphic nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.