<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2016) (Mila Kunis, Kathryn Hahn) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A harried mom reaches the breaking point and, with the help of her two new friends and fellow moms, decides to take on the dictator-like president of the PTA.
- Amy Mitchell (MILA KUNIS) is a thirty-something mom who's stretched in too many directions with too many demands. She tries to do the best for her young kids, Jane (OONA LAURENCE) and Dylan (EMJAY SLAUGHTER), but her deadbeat husband, Mike (DAVID WALTON), isn't much help. Things aren't much better at work where she does sales for a coffee company and everyone, including her boss, Dale (CLARK DUKE), is much younger than her. It doesn't help that the president of the middle school PTA, Gwendolyn (CHRISTINA APPLEGATE), seems to be a perfect and ultra rich mom who looks down on the likes of Amy with her equally condescending mom friends, Stacy (JADA PINKETT SMITH) and Vicky (ANNIE MUMOLO).
When Amy finally stands up to Gwendolyn's dictator-like ways, she gains the admiration of fellow harried mom Kiki (KRISTEN BELL) and wild divorced mom, Carla (KATHRYN HAHN). Despite their difference, the three become fast friends, with Carla trying to help fix up Amy with hunky dad widower Jessie (JAY HERNANDEZ), what with Amy having kicked out her husband for having an online affair. But Amy must contend with Gwendolyn's displeasure of her one-woman rule being disrespected, all of which leads to Gwendolyn trying to destroy her, especially after Amy decides she's going to run for president of the PTA against her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into raunchy, hard R-rated comedies, they might, especially if they're a fan of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual material, full frontal nudity, language throughout, and drug and alcohol content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.