(2016) (Michael Fassbender, Marion Cotillard) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A murderer sentenced to death in the modern day discovers he descends from an ancient group of Assassins charged with protecting the world from the evil Templars, who are still active today.
- In 2016, Callum "Cal" Lynch (MICHAEL FASSBENDER) is a convicted murder who is about to die via lethal injection. But he wakes up from his execution in a strange facility run by a powerful corporation. He is under the care of a scientist named Sofia (MARION COTILLARD), who tells him that he descends from an ancient race of warriors known as Assassins who defend the world from the power-hungry Knights Templar.
She hooks him up to a contraption known as the Animus, which allows Cal to "regress" back to his 15th century ancestor Aguilar (also FASSBENDER) for the purposes of finding out where this Assassin hid the mythic Apple of Eden, a magic orb that can control humanity's free will.
After discovering his father, Joseph (BRENDAN GLEESON), has also been held in the same secret facility ever since killing Cal's mother (ESSIE DAVIS) 30 years earlier, it's not long before Cal figures out that Sofia and the head of the corporation, her father, Rikkin (JEREMY IRONS), are up to no good. He eventually teams with Moussa (MICHAEL KENNETH WILLIAMS) and two other prisoners who also hail from the Assassins of yore to mount an escape.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens who have played the various editions of the video game"Assassin's Creed" over the years will definitely have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For intense sequences of violence and action, thematic elements, and brief strong language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.