(2016) (Danny Glover, Romany Malco) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A large family gathers five days before Christmas for their holiday since losing their matriarch.
- Walter (DANNY GLOVER) is a recent widower who is looking to find some holiday joy by having all four of his adult children home for Christmas, along with their spouses, significant others, and offspring. All he asks is for the family to get along for the five days leading up to Dec. 25th in which they'll once again be under one roof. As it turns out, it's too much to ask.
His oldest son, Christian (ROMANY MALCO), is running for political office and a shady campaign finance deal could result in the bulldozing of the homeless shelter that his late mother helped run. Walter's oldest daughter, Cheryl (KIMBERLY ELISE), is unaware that her husband, Lonnie (J.B. SMOOVE), is a cheating louse. She also can't be in the same room with her younger sister, recently divorced Rachel (GABRIELLE UNION), without quarreling with her. And youngest son, Evan (JESSIE T. USHER), is a college football star who has become secretly addicted to painkillers.
Also in the mix is Walter's sister-in-law, the profane and outspoken Aunt Mae (MO'NIQUE), who is all too eager to comment on everyone's quirks and problems; Malachi (OMAR EPPS), the proverbial boy next door who still has a thing for Rachel; and Sonia (NICOLE ARI PARKER), Christian's supportive wife and the mother to his two kids. Rivalries and secrets come to a boil on Christmas Day. And that's before all concerned discover that Walter is on the verge of selling the family house.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest in the holiday season thanks to an attractive cast and PG-13 rating.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For suggestive material, drug content, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.