(2016) (Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: After two Allied spies fall in love and get married after initially posing as spouses for a mission, an unexpected revelation has the husband begin to question their relationship.
- It's 1942 and Max Vatan (BRAD PITT) is a Canadian spy who's just parachuted into French Morocco where he's to pose as the traveling husband of Marianne Beauséjour (MARION COTILLARD), a French resistance spy who's infiltrated a circle of Germans and German supporters. Their goal is to fool the locals into believing they're a real and harmless couple all while plotting to assassinate the German ambassador there. Right before that occurs, they let their business behavior turn romantic, and upon completing the mission Max arranges for Marianne to join him in London.
There, he continues to work alongside his colleague George Kavanagh (DANIEL BETTS) for Colonel Frank Heslop (JARED HARRIS) in the British government's Special Operations Executive, and not long thereafter Max and Marianne have a baby girl. Despite the bombardment of London by German forces, things seem good for the couple until Max receives troubling information from a commanding officer. It seems that there's evidence of espionage that has him progressively being to question his relationship with Marianne. From that point on, and against orders to stand down, Max tries to learn the truth and figure out what to do if that turns out not to be what he desires.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Fans of the film's two stars might show some interest, as might anyone into WWII era spy movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, some sexuality/nudity, language and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.