(2016) (Jennifer Saunders, Joanna Lumley) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Two boozy British socialites lose everything when one of them is accused of murder, forcing them to flee to the French Riviera.
- PR agent Edina (JENNIFER SAUNDERS) and fashion magazine editor Patsy (JOANNA LUMLEY) are best friends who, for decades, have enabled each other's boozy, drug-abusing, chain-smoking lifestyles. But both are in their 60s now, and the pop culture scene is passing them by. Near penniless after her autobiography fails to generate any interest from publishers, Edina is in need of a big client and learns that supermodel Kate Moss (HERSELF) recently fired her publicist. So, she and Patsy manage to gain entry to a swank London party where Edina vies with rival PR guru Claudia Bing (CELIA IMRIE) for Kate's attention.
Unfortunately, Edina accidentally knocks the model off a veranda and into the Thames River where she appears to drown. Britain and the world go into mourning, and Edina becomes a most hated suspect. The negative publicity taints Patsy, as well, who is fired from the magazine. After accidentally drowning Edina's dim-witted assistant Bubble (JANE HORROCKS) in the Thames looking for Moss, the two hatch a scheme to flee to the French Riviera and use Edina's granddaughter, Lola (INDEYARNA DONALDSON-HOLNESS) and her plethora of credit cards for funding, all while Patsy tries to find Charlie (BARRY HUMPHRIES), a rich pornographer she once had a fling with who promised to marry her.
Meanwhile, Edina's level-headed daughter, Saffron (JULIA SAWALHA), tries to find her mother before her police detective boyfriend, Nick (ROBERT WEBB) does. She suspects that her grandmother (JUNE WHITFIELD), who is also in France celebrating a friend's birthday, knows her mom's whereabouts.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they were a fan of the cult British TV series, most likely not.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, including sexual references, and some drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.