(2016) (Tilda Swinton, Matthias Schoenaerts) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The much-needed vacation of a famous singer and her boyfriend is interrupted when her old manager/boyfriend and his alluring daughter unexpectedly join them.
- Marianne Lane (TILDA SWINTON) is a famous singer on vacation with her filmmaker boyfriend Paul De Smedt (MATTHIAS SCHOENAERTS) on the island of Pantelleria. Due to recent surgery on her vocal chords, she isn't supposed to speak, but that's fine by the two who simply want some rest & relaxation. That's interrupted, however, when her former manager and boyfriend, Harry Hawkes (RALPH FIENNES), arrives with his sultry daughter, Penelope (DAKOTA JOHNSON), and end up staying at the same remote villa with them, later and briefly joined by some of Harry's friends, Mireille (AURORE CLEMENT) and the much younger Sylvie (LILY McMENAMY).
Despite the romantic past between Marianne and Harry, Paul is okay with the visit as, after all, it was Harry who fixed up Paul with her after their split. Even so, Penelope -- who's apparently only just met her dad in the past year or so -- seems to have a distaste for Marianne, but an obvious interest in Paul. At the same time, Harry is obviously interested in his old flame while also possibly having an inappropriate relationship with his alluring daughter who's reportedly 22-years-old. As the days pass by, the attractions of others prove too enticing for some to pass up, leading to things none of them could see coming.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, but that's probably it among kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic nudity, some strong sexual content, language and brief drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.