(2016) (Tilda Swinton, Matthias Schoenaerts) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: The much-needed vacation of a famous singer and her boyfriend is interrupted when her old manager/boyfriend and his alluring daughter unexpectedly join them.
- Marianne Lane (TILDA SWINTON) is a famous singer on vacation with her filmmaker boyfriend Paul De Smedt (MATTHIAS SCHOENAERTS) on the island of Pantelleria. Due to recent surgery on her vocal chords, she isn't supposed to speak, but that's fine by the two who simply want some rest & relaxation. That's interrupted, however, when her former manager and boyfriend, Harry Hawkes (RALPH FIENNES), arrives with his sultry daughter, Penelope (DAKOTA JOHNSON), and end up staying at the same remote villa with them, later and briefly joined by some of Harry's friends, Mireille (AURORE CLEMENT) and the much younger Sylvie (LILY McMENAMY).
Despite the romantic past between Marianne and Harry, Paul is okay with the visit as, after all, it was Harry who fixed up Paul with her after their split. Even so, Penelope -- who's apparently only just met her dad in the past year or so -- seems to have a distaste for Marianne, but an obvious interest in Paul. At the same time, Harry is obviously interested in his old flame while also possibly having an inappropriate relationship with his alluring daughter who's reportedly 22-years-old. As the days pass by, the attractions of others prove too enticing for some to pass up, leading to things none of them could see coming.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, but that's probably it among kids.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For graphic nudity, some strong sexual content, language and brief drug use.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.