<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2015) (Shelley Hennig, Moses Jacob Storm) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A group of teens must contend with being harassed online and then some by what may be the spirit of a classmate who committed suicide a year ago over being shamed by their actions.
- One year ago, Laura Barns (HEATHER SOSSAMAN) committed suicide after being shamed online for a night of drunken stupidity. Her former friend, Blaire Lily (SHELLEY HENNIG), watches a graphic video of that act, only to be interrupted by a video chat with her boyfriend, Mitch Roussel (MOSES JACOB STORM). It's not long before they're joined on the Skype call by their other friends, Jess Felton (RENEE OLSTEAD), Val Rommel (COURTNEY HALVERSON), Ken Smith (JACOB WYSOCKI) and Adam Sewell (WILL PELTZ).
But there's some anonymous other person on the call as well, and despite their best efforts, they can't get rid of this online presence that goes by the name of Billie. At first, the teens think it's someone who's hacked Laura's old accounts, and then perhaps some sort of computer glitch. But when Billie reveals personal information about the teens and one of them ends up dead, the survivors wonder if this could somehow be Laura's ghost who's arrived to torment them and worse. With Billie turning the tables on them and turning them against each other -- all taking place on the screen of Blaire's computer -- the teens start dying one by one, with the survivors worrying that they might be next.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into horror films, specifically revenge-based ones, they probably will.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violent content, pervasive language, some sexuality, and drug and alcohol use - all involving teens.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.