(2014) (Phoebe Snow, Jeremy Irvine) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror/Thriller: Escaping Germany's bombing of London in 1941, two schoolteachers and eight refugee children must also survive an English countryside estate where a vengeful ghost lives.
- In 1941, the Nazis launch a series of seemingly never-ending bombing raids over London, causing much death and destruction. Many parents decide to send their children to live in the English countryside, away from the bombardments. Eve (PHOEBE SNOW) is a young schoolteacher charged with caring for eight such children together with another older and stricter colleague, Jean Hogg (HELEN McCRORY).
Eve takes a liking to Edward (OAKLEE PENDERGAST), a young boy whose parents were killed in the latest bombings just prior to their escape from the British capital. He is mute and communicates only by writing notes and drawing pictures, which causes him to be bullied by one classmate, Tom (JUDE WRIGHT), and snitched on by another, Joyce (AMELIA PIDGEON). At the same time, Eve is attracted to a handsome, yet haunted military pilot named Harry (JEREMY IRVINE), who she shares a train ride with out to the country and who is stationed nearby.
Once at the abandoned estate, Eve immediately suspects that she, Jean, and the children are not alone. A vengeful female ghost seems to be stalking them and has taken a particularly strong interest in Edward. She also has recurring visions and nightmares of a traumatic event from when she was a teenager: giving birth to a child out of wedlock and having the baby taken from her. The evil Woman in Black specter seems to know this and uses it against her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who liked the first film might be interested, while other teenagers could have some interest due to the film's PG-13 rating and mostly young cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing and frightening images, and thematic material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.