(2015) (Britt Robertson, Scott Eastwood) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Romantic Drama: The lives of a young couple just falling in love intertwine with an elderly man and his recollections of his one great love, who he met just before World War II.
- Sophia (BRITT ROBERTSON) is an accomplished Art major at Wake Forest University in North Carolina. To blow off some mid-semester steam, her fun-loving sorority sister, Marcia (MELISSA BENOIST), convinces her to come to a bull riding competition with her. There, she meets a handsome rider, Luke Collins (SCOTT EASTWOOD), and is instantly smitten.
The relationship has complications right from the get-go, however. Sophia is about to graduate college in two months and has an amazing internship lined up at a major gallery in New York City. Luke, meanwhile, was thrown from a bull a year earlier and wound up in a coma. He rides against the advice of doctors for money to keep his family farm going for his widowed mother, Kate (LOLITA DAVIDOVICH). Even though they are total opposites, Sophia and Luke are drawn to each other because of their differences.
One dark and stormy night, the two are on their way home from a date when they spot a car that has run off the road and crashed. They save the life of an elderly man named Ira (ALAN ALDA in old age, JACK HUSTON in period flashback) along with a box of old photos and love letters he wrote to his now-deceased wife, Ruth (OONA CHAPLIN in flashback) over the decades. Sophia becomes close with Ira by reading him the letters and sharing his memories. In doing so, she starts to see her relationship with Luke in a whole new light.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially those who are dating, may have some interest due to the two attractive leads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some sexuality, partial nudity, and some war and sports action.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.