(2015) (James Marsden, Karl Urban) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Mystery-thriller: Five men who have been using a loft as a secret place to have affairs are all impacted when one of their female conquests is founded murdered in the condo.
- Five successful married men decide to pool their money and buy a loft condo in the city where they can have affairs with one-night stands, prostitutes, and other willing women. One morning, though, the guys discover one of their conquests -- a blonde beauty named Sarah (ISABEL LUCAS) -- face-down, naked, chained to a bed in the loft, and cut up. Blood is everywhere, but it is unclear which of them did it.
Is it Chris (JAMES MARSDEN), a nice-guy psychiatrist trapped in a bad marriage to the eternally dour and pessimistic Allison (RHONA MITRA)? Is it Vincent (KARL URBAN), the guy who came up with the idea for the loft and the most eager to cheat on his unassuming wife, Barbara (VALERIE CRUZ)? Or is it Chris' unstable half-brother, Philip (MATTHIAS SCHOENAERTS), a cocaine user who recently married Vicky (MARGARITA LEVIEVA), the daughter of a corrupt land developer? Or is it Marty (ERIC STONESTREET), the overweight friend who drinks too much and whose mistress has come to his house and revealed their affair to his wife, Mimi (KALI ROCHA)? Or is it Luke (WENTWORTH MILLER), the most tightly wound of the bunch who tries to keep it all a secret from his wife, Ellie (ELAINE CASSIDY)?
The film is told largely in flashback. But in the present, Police Detectives Huggins (KRISTIN LEHMAN) and Cohagan (ROBERT WISDOM) try to play good cop/bad cop with each of the five guys in their own separate interrogation rooms. During their questioning, they discover that Chris is not the nice guy he seems, having been carrying on an affair with prostitute, Anne (RACHAEL TAYLOR). Huggins and Cohagan come to discover that all five have something to hide.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some older teens may have some interest due to the promise of extreme hard-R content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, nudity, bloody violence, language, and some drug use.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.