<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2015) (Vin Diesel, Rose Leslie) (PG-13)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action/Horror: A warrior, cursed with immortality 800 years ago, is called upon to save modern-day Earth from a resurrected Witch Queen.
- In the 13th century, a warrior named Kaulder (VIN DIESEL) leads a group of other dedicated men into the lair of the Witch Queen (JULIE ENGELBRECHT), who has cursed all the lands with the Black Plague and wants to eradicate humanity. They fight valiantly, and Kaulder buries his sword into the lead creature. But in her death throes, the Witch Queen curses him to immortality.
Flash forward to the modern day, and we learn that Kaulder has been in the service of the Catholic Church for centuries, killing and imprisoning witches who are both female and male. He has been assigned a succession of handlers over the past eight centuries, and his current one, Dolan 36th (MICHAEL CAINE), has reached retirement age and is handing over his duties and responsibilities to young Dolan 37th (ELIJAH WOOD). But when Dolan 36th turns up dead, Kaulder surmises it is the work of witches.
Fortunately, he is able to recruit a good witch, the "dream-walking" Chloe, (ROSE LESLIE), to help him in his quest for revenge -- a quest that brings him into conflict with Belial (OLAFUR DARRI OLAFSSON), a male witch looking to obtain the Witch Queen's still-beating heart and resurrect her. At the same time, he continues to be tormented by memories of his long-dead wife and daughter who he was unable to save.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens into action, horror, or who are fans of Diesel or anyone else in the cast may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For fantasy violence and frightening images.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.