(2015) (voices of Raymond Ochoa, Jeffrey Wright) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Animated Action: When an asteroid narrowly misses prehistoric Earth, a dinosaur and a human form an unlikely bond.
- In an alternate Earth where an asteroid did not strike the planet 65 million years ago, dinosaurs still exist and are the dominant species. They speak, live in houses, and have cultivated such skills as farming. Dinosaurs Henry (voice of JEFFREY WRIGHT) and Momma (voice of FRANCES McDORMAND) are about to become parents and welcome the hatching of their three eggs. The runt of this litter is Arlo (voice of RAYMOND OCHOA), who is born scared and hesitant.
Over the years, Henry tries to teach his boy courage and self-reliance and to make his mark in the world. When a savage human boy named Spot (voice of JACK BRIGHT) keeps stealing their food, Henry challenges Arlo to set a trap and then beat to death the ensnared Spot. Arlo can't do it and instead sets Spot free. Henry implores Arlo to chase after him. They do, but a surprise flash floor carries Henry off to his death.
Days later, Arlo finds Spot back and stealing from his family again and chases him to the nearby river where he is also carried off far away. Determined to get back to his family, Arlo reluctantly teams up with Spot and braves a bunch of evil pterodactyls led by Thunderclap (voice of STEVE ZAHN) and gets help from a gruff T-Rex named Butch (voice of SAM ELLIOTT) and his kids Nash (voice of A.J. BUCKLEY) and Ramsey (voice of ANNA PAQUIN).
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Yes. It's animated, it's all about dinosaurs, and it's Pixar. 'Nuff said.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For peril, action, and thematic elements.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.