(2015) (Mae Whitman, Robbie Amell) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Upon learning that she's apparently a DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend), a high school senior strikes a deal with the football captain to transform her into the kind of girl who might attract her dreamy crush.
- Bianca (MAE WHITMAN) is a high school senior who lives with her single, motivational speaker mom, Dottie (ALLISON JANNEY); has two best friends, Jess (SKYLER SAMUELS) and Casey (BIANCA A. SANTOS); and is the favorite student of journalism teacher Mr. Arthur (KEN JEONG). When her next door neighbor and current high school football team captain, Wesley (ROBBIE AMELL), informs her that she's the DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend) to Jess and Casey, however, Bianca's world is shaken. Despite Wesley's crass generalization, Bianca believes it. Not only does she then un-friend her friends, but she also strikes a deal with Wesley. She'll help him improve his grades so that his college scholarship isn't in jeopardy while he'll help transform her into the kind of girl who could draw the interest of her dream crush and fellow student, Toby (NICK EVERSMAN).
But Bianca must contend with Wesley's on-again, off-again girlfriend, Madison (BELLA THORNE), who looks down on Bianca but nevertheless is jealous of the time she's spending with Wesley. Accordingly, she gets her friend, Caitlyn (REBECCA WEIL), to capture embarrassing video footage of Bianca and then post that online. As she must contend with that affecting her chances with Toby, and Mr. Arthur assigning her to write a story on the Homecoming dance, Bianca doesn't realize that Wesley might be falling for her.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Since it's about high school and relationships, it might draw in that age bracket as well as younger kids interested in older teen years.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For crude and sexual material throughout, some language and teen partying.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.