(2014) (Jennifer Lopez, Ryan Guzman) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A nearly divorced high school teacher must contend with the aftermath of having a lapse of better judgment and sleeping with her new, 19-year-old next-door neighbor.
- Claire Peterson (JENNIFER LOPEZ) is a high school literature teacher who's quite close to divorcing her husband, Garrett (JOHN CORBETT), something Claire's best friend and vice principal, Vicky Lansing (KRISTIN CHENOWETH), urges her to do. But Claire has mixed feelings, especially since their 17-year-old son, Kevin (IAN NELSON), is still fond of his father.
She's happy when her new next door neighbor, recently orphaned 19-year-old Noah Sandborn (RYAN GUZMAN) -- who's arrived to take care of his sickly great uncle, Mr. Sandborn (JACK WALLACE) -- instantly befriends Kevin. Not only does he show him how to fix cars, but he also gets Kevin to talk to the classmate, Allie Callahan (LEXI ATKINS), he's smitten with, and is concerned about some classmate bullies, led by Jason Zimmer (ADAM HICKS), who torment Kevin.
Accordingly, Claire thinks Noah's an okay guy, especially with his good looks and appreciation of the classics of literature. One night, while Kevin is away, he manages to seduce Claire who gives in to the temptation and sleeps with him. But the next morning she's regretting that decision, and her sudden cold feet instantly angers Noah.
As she tries to act like nothing happened, he becomes fixated on her, and the more she resists and tries to tell him there's no future between them, the more obsessed and angry he becomes. From that point on, she must contend with him stalking her, the possibility of him spilling the beans about their tryst, and the potential of him doing something violent.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of anyone in the cast or like suspense/thriller genre films.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence, sexual content/nudity and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.