(2015) (Tye Sheridan, Logan Miller) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror Comedy: Three teenage Boy Scouts are the last line of defense when their small town gets overrun with zombies.
- Ben (TYE SHERIDAN), Carter (LOGAN MILLER), and Augie (JOEY MORGAN) have been friends since they were six years old. They've also been Boy Scouts since they were that age under the leadership of Scout Leader Rogers (DAVID KOECHNER). Unfortunately, now they are sophomores in high school, and Ben and Carter have outgrown the Scouts. Augie hasn't, though. He lost his dad a few years earlier, and being a Boy Scout is his last link to his father. So, Ben and Carter continue to put on the uniform, collect merit badges, and draw the ridicule of their classmates.
One night while camping in the woods, Carter convinces Ben to sneak away while Augie is sleeping and go find a secret seniors party attended by Carter's older sister, Kendall (HALSTON SAGE); her boyfriend, Jeff (PATRICK SCHWARZENEGGER); and their cool friends Travis (LUKAS GAGE) and Chloe (NIKI KOSS). Once back in town, though, they find the streets and buildings deserted. Soon, they are under attack by hordes of zombies.
Their lives are saved by Denise (SARAH DUMONT), a cocktail waitress at the local strip club. Together, they have to find the location of the secret seniors party, save their classmates, and get out of town before the military decimates their little burg with a bombing run they hear about via walkie-talkie.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Considering that 90 percent of the cast is high school age and this is getting heavy ad play on MTV and other channels catering to the demographic, yes, teens will definitely want to see it.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For zombie violence and gore, sexual material, graphic nudity, and language throughout.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.