(2015) (Luke Bracey, Edgar Ramirez) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: An FBI agent in training infiltrates a group of environmentally conscious, thrill-seeking criminals in hopes of stopping them before they strike again.
- Following the death of his best friend, extreme athlete Johnny Utah (LUKE BRACEY) has decided to join the FBI and is close to becoming a full-fledged agent, all under the watchful eye of his instructor (DELROY LINDO). When a group of environmentally conscious, thrill-seeking criminals strikes again, but ends up giving away the $100 million worth of diamond they stole to the poor in Mumbai, Johnny thinks he knows what they're up to.
It seems they're completing a series of extreme, thrill-seeking endeavors known as the Ozaki 8, and knowing one of those is surfing once-in-a-lifetime waves, he convinces his handler to put him in the field despite not yet being a full-fledged agent.
He ends up teamed with crusty FBI agent Angelo Pappas (RAY WINSTONE) and the two head out to sea where they not only encounter said waves, but also Bodhi (EDGAR RAMIREZ) who saves the young man when he wipes out and appears headed for death. Sensing a kindred spirit in Johnny, Bodhi introduces him to others in his group including Chowder (TOBIAS SANTELMANN), Roach (CLEMENS SCHICK) and the alluring Samsara (TERESA PALMER), among others.
As he begins hanging out with them and increasingly participating in their extreme stunts and getting involved with Samsara, Pappas begins to worry that Johnny might be getting in too deep with the thrill seekers to do his job.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Those who are fans of the original, action movies featuring extreme sports, or who might be fans of anyone in the cast could be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For violence, thematic material involving perilous activity, some sexuality, language and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.