(2015) (Chris J. Murray, Brit Shaw) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A family discovers an old video camera that allows them to see a ghostly apparition haunting their new house, and they quickly discover that the demon is stalking their 8-year-old daughter.
- Ryan (CHRIS J. MURRAY) and Emily (BRIT SHAW) are a young married couple who move into a beautiful new home in Santa Rosa, Calif., with their cute 8-year-old daughter, Leila (IVY GEORGE). Christmas is coming up, and they've invited Emily's yoga-instructor sister, Skyler (OLIVIA TAYLOR DUDLEY) and Ryan's recently jilted brother, Mike (DAN GILL), to spend the holidays with them.
Soon, though, all five start to realize they may not be alone in the house. Ryan finds an old video camera left from the people who owned the property years earlier. He turns it on and starts filming and starts to see various distortions in the lens. He also discovers a box full of old videotapes of a mother, father, and two sisters who lived in the house in the late '80s and early '90s. As the girls age in the tapes, Ryan starts to notice the parents are nowhere to be found and that another lady who the girls call "mother" now lives with them along with a possible cult leader.
Before long, Leila starts to exhibit odd behavior and strange things begin happening around the house. The old video camera shows a possibly malevolent entity stalking the little girl. Ryan and Emily call in a Catholic priest, Father Todd (MICHAEL KRAWIC), but it may already be too late.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest, especially those who have seen any of the other "Paranormal Activity" movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language and some horror violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.