(2015) (Sandra Bullock, Billy Bob Thornton) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramedy: A political strategist comes out of retirement to take on her nemesis who's working on the presidential election in Bolivia.
- The presidential election in Bolivia is looming, and American campaign workers Ben (ANTHONY MACKIE) and Nell (ANN DOWD) are concerned that the candidate their working for, Senator Pedro Castillo (JOAQUIM DE ALMEIDA) -- who was once the country's unpopular ruler fifteen years ago -- is trailing his leading opponent, Rivera (LOUIS ARCELLA), by twenty-eight points with ninety days to go.
Accordingly, they visit retired political strategist Jane Bodine (SANDRA BULLOCK) in hopes of convincing her to help Castillo. She isn't interested until she learns that her arch nemesis, Pat Candy (BILLY BOB THORNTON), is working for Rivera. Not long after that, she arrives in Bolivia to work alongside Ben, Nell, media coordinator Richard Buckley (SCOOT McNAIRY) and Eddie (REYNALDO PACHECO), a young campaign worker who lives nearby.
Upon meeting Castillo, Jane isn't impressed or sure he's electable, but after a run-in with Candy, she decides to do her thing. That includes bringing her private investigator, Sara LeBlanc (ZOE KAZAN), onboard in order to dig up potential dirt on both candidates. As the days count down toward the election, Jane and Candy go head-to-head in using every political trick in their books.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They might if they're fans of Bullock or others in the cast, or are into political satires.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language including some sexual references.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.