(2015) (Finn Wittrock, Aaron Eckhart) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Despite being small, a football player excels in both high school and college, but must contend with a serious challenge that threatens his career.
- It's 1966 and Freddie Steinmark (FINN WITTROCK) is a star player on his high school's football team -- thanks in part to the support his parents, Gloria (ROBIN TUNNEY) and Fred (MICHAEL REILLY BURKE) -- and he's drawn the romantic attention of new classmate Linda Wheeler (SARAH BOLGER). They're soon a couple and discussing the future, including Freddie's dreams of playing football at Notre Dame and then back in Denver with the Broncos on a professional level.
His diminutive size, however, has likely been the cause of no offer from Notre Dame or other schools. But his association with transfer quarterback Bobby Mitchell (RETT TERRELL) ends up getting both of them scholarships to play at the University of Texas under head coach Darrell Royal (AARON ECKHART). He likes what he sees in the boys and other players such as fellow quarterback James Street (JUSTON STREET), and it's not long before Freddie's steadfast determination earns him a starting spot on the squad as just a sophomore.
But as the physical demands of practice and the games take a toll on his body, it's unclear if Freddie will be able to maintain his output on the field, while his nagging pains increasingly worry Linda, coach Royal and others that something else might be amiss with him.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into movies about football, they might show some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, language and brief partial nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.