(2015) (Documentary) (G)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Documentary: A low-ranking mother toque macaque must contend with the various challenges of raising a young son in the jungles of Sri Lanka.
- In the jungles of Sri Lanka, Maya is one of several low-ranking toque macaques ruled over by Raja and his trio of sisterly queens. Those monkeys and others in the higher ranks get to feed atop fruitful fig trees and be protected from the elements by a large pile of boulders known as Castle Rock. But not Maya who must scrounge and fend for herself to survive. When Maya ends up having a young son, Kip, by an outsider monkey, Kumar, she must raise her baby without the help of others, at least initially.
When an outside troop of monkeys invades and takes over Castle Rock, Maya's previous resourcefulness comes in handy, especially when she, Kumar and others head back to reclaim their home.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- It's a good bet a fair number of younger ones will, especially if they've liked the past offerings by Disneynature, including "Chimpanzee."
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: G
- For not containing material to warrant a higher rating.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.