(2015) (Tom Hardy, Emily Browning) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Twin brothers differ in how to run their criminal organization that rules much of East End London in the 1960s.
- It's the 1960s and twins Reggie (TOM HARDY) and Ronnie Kray (TOM HARDY) are notorious criminals who rule much of London's East End, yet mostly manage to avoid being caught red-handed by the authorities, such as local cop Leonard "Nipper" Read (CHRISTOPHER ECCLESTONE) who's often tailing them. With the addition of Leslie Payne (DAVID THEWLIS) as their business manager, their reach and influence is growing to the point that it's attracted the American mafia, namely that of Angelo Bruno (CHAZZ PALMINTERI) showing up to negotiate a business deal between the trans-Atlantic crime families.
Reggie has also drawn the attention of college student Frances Shea (EMILY BROWNING) and the two quickly become a couple, much to the dismay of her single mother. Frances likes the attention, but would love to see Reggie go legit, something he no intention of doing. The same holds true to a greater extent for the more brutish Ronnie.
He doesn't really like Frances, doesn't trust Leslie, and would rather spend time with his array of young men, such as Teddy Smith (TARON EGERTON), who share his lifestyle of homosexuality, intimidation and using violence as a means to an end. As their criminal empire grows, the twins must contend with their different personalities and differing ways of running their business that often put them at odds with each other.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're into crime dramas. Otherwise, it doesn't seem that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong violence, language throughout, some sexual and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.