(2015) (Adam Scott, Toni Collette) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Horror: A dysfunctional family's lack of Christmas spirit summons a holiday demon hell-bent on punishing non-believers.
- Tom (ADAM SCOTT) and Sarah (TONI COLLETTE) play a well-off suburban couple who are parents to disaffected teen Beth (STEFANIA LaVIE OWEN) and sensitive pre-teen Max (EMJAY ANTHONY). Max still has a firm belief in Santa Claus and writes him a letter thanking him for another year with his German grandma, Omi (KRISTA STADLER), and asking for his family to get along and his mom and dad not to split.
Tensions are elevated in their house when Sarah's envious sister, Linda (ALLISON TOLMAN), and her boorish husband, Howard (DAVID KOECHNER), come for their annual holiday visit. They have just had a baby and are parents to three teenage kids (MAVERICK FLACK, LOLO OWEN, and QUEENIE SAMUEL). They also bring along their crass Aunt Dorothy (CONCHATA FERRELL).
Soon, though, their collective ill will towards one another and their disrespect of the Christmas holiday summons Krampus (LUKE HAWKER), a centuries-old demon who punishes the non-believers. The family is subsequently terrorized by everything from possessed Christmas cookies to diabolical elves to various inanimate objects like a stuffed bear that come to life and attack.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- With the PG-13 rating and the holiday theme, high schoolers should have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sequences of horror violence/terror, language, and some drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.