(2015) (Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A young British man is recruited into a secret society of spies and has to help foil a megalomaniac's plot to take over the world.
- Harry Hart (COLIN FIRTH) is the best member of an elite spy agency known as the Kingsmen based in London. During a rescue mission to save the kidnapped Professor Arnold (MARK HAMILL), one of his fellow Kingsmen is killed, and the agency must recruit a new member to replace him. Harry takes under his wing Eggsy Unwin (TARON EGERTON), the young twenty-something son of another deceased Kingsmen who saved Harry's life on a mission 17 years earlier. Harry's boss, Arthur (MICHAEL CAINE), doubts his choice and instead has more faith in a skilled female recruit named Roxy (SOPHIE COOKSON) or Eggsy's arrogant rival, Charlie (EDWARD HOLCROFT).
As the young candidates vie to become Kingsmen, a billionaire megalomaniac named Valentine (SAMUEL L. JACKSON) plots to distribute free cell phones and offer free Internet worldwide, then activate a signal within the technology that will turn all of humanity into packs of mindlessly violent savages bent on killing each other. His goal is to wipe out most of humanity and restart the planet with a chosen few -- mostly the wealthy, elite, and famous. He employs a female assassin named Gazelle (SOFIA BOUTELLA), who has had both legs amputated and replaced with metal prosthetic limbs that she wields as extremely sharp swords capable of fatally slicing and dicing her prey.
As the countdown to Doomsday looms, Eggsy's cloak-and-dagger skills continue to evolve to the point where he becomes key to saving the world. He finds a major supporter in the Kingsmen's resident technology expert, Merlin (MARK STRONG), and eventually mounts an all-out assault on Valentine's remote stronghold.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens will definitely have the most interest due to the younger-skewing supporting cast and the naughty content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sequences of strong violence, language, and some sexual content.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2020 Screen It, Inc.