(2015) (Colin Firth, Samuel L. Jackson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Action: A young British man is recruited into a secret society of spies and has to help foil a megalomaniac's plot to take over the world.
- Harry Hart (COLIN FIRTH) is the best member of an elite spy agency known as the Kingsmen based in London. During a rescue mission to save the kidnapped Professor Arnold (MARK HAMILL), one of his fellow Kingsmen is killed, and the agency must recruit a new member to replace him. Harry takes under his wing Eggsy Unwin (TARON EGERTON), the young twenty-something son of another deceased Kingsmen who saved Harry's life on a mission 17 years earlier. Harry's boss, Arthur (MICHAEL CAINE), doubts his choice and instead has more faith in a skilled female recruit named Roxy (SOPHIE COOKSON) or Eggsy's arrogant rival, Charlie (EDWARD HOLCROFT).
As the young candidates vie to become Kingsmen, a billionaire megalomaniac named Valentine (SAMUEL L. JACKSON) plots to distribute free cell phones and offer free Internet worldwide, then activate a signal within the technology that will turn all of humanity into packs of mindlessly violent savages bent on killing each other. His goal is to wipe out most of humanity and restart the planet with a chosen few -- mostly the wealthy, elite, and famous. He employs a female assassin named Gazelle (SOFIA BOUTELLA), who has had both legs amputated and replaced with metal prosthetic limbs that she wields as extremely sharp swords capable of fatally slicing and dicing her prey.
As the countdown to Doomsday looms, Eggsy's cloak-and-dagger skills continue to evolve to the point where he becomes key to saving the world. He finds a major supporter in the Kingsmen's resident technology expert, Merlin (MARK STRONG), and eventually mounts an all-out assault on Valentine's remote stronghold.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Teens will definitely have the most interest due to the younger-skewing supporting cast and the naughty content.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sequences of strong violence, language, and some sexual content.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.