(2015) (Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sci-Fi: A lowly Chicago maid who hates her life discovers that she's the genetically reincarnated matriarch of a royal family that owns most of the universe and now wants her dead.
- Jupiter Jones (MILA KUNIS) is a Russian immigrant who was brought to America as an infant and now works as a maid with her mother and other family members. She hates her life, but soon has a change of heart when extraterrestrial aliens attempt to kill her. They nearly succeed, but Jupiter is saved by half-wolf, half-man Caine Wise (CHANNING TATUM), a so-called skyjacker who's been sent by a universal royal, Titus (DOUGLAS BOOTH), to find and retrieve her.
It seems that she's the genetically reincarnated matriarch of a royal family that owns most of the universe, and Titus and his siblings, Balem (EDDIE REDMAYNE) and Kalique (TUPPENCE MIDDLETON) are quite interested in Jupiter, what with their mother having recently perished. In short, they don't want her messing with their plans that involve a myriad of planets they separately own, including Earth. When Caine figures that out, he seeks out the help of his former military commander, Stinger (SEAN BEAN), with whom he had a falling out in the past.
As Jupiter tries to soak all of this in, Caine does what he can to protect her from the others and help her take her rightful place on the royal thrown, overseeing the universe and its inhabitants.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're fans of Kunis, Tatum or the directorial works of the Wachowskis (who made "The Matrix" movies), they might be interested. That also holds true for those who might be drawn to the sci-fi spectacle shown in the ads.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For some violence, sequences of sci-fi action, some suggestive content and partial nudity.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.