(2015) (Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three men who used a time machine to get rich must now use the same mysterious technology to go into the future and prevent one of them from being murdered.
- Lou (ROB CORDDRY) and Nick (CRAIG ROBINSON) are two guys who used a time machine to travel back into the past and make themselves wealthy. Lou became a rock star and a billionaire technology pioneer, founding a search-engine company called "Louggle." Nick became a recording star who, every year or so, releases his version of a song that was to have been recorded by someone else years later. Lou's son, Jacob (CLARK DUKE), also time-traveled but has not used his knowledge of the future for any sort of personal gain.
Lou, who has become an even more crass blowhard with a drug problem, is shot while giving a speech. Jacob is able to surmise that the killer is possibly someone from Lou's past who has a bone to pick with him. The possibilities include Gary Winkle (JASON JONES), a bitter ne'er-do-well who was supposed to go on the ski trip that ended up being a time trip; Brad (KUMAIL NANJIANI), a Louggle engineer who has wasted some of his prime years taking orders from Lou; and Kelly (COLLETTE WOLFE), Lou's unfulfilled wife.
After hoping into the hot tub time machine, Lou, Jacob, and Nick find themselves 10 years in the future where they join forces with Adam (ADAM SCOTT), the straight-laced son of one of their best friends who is on the verge of marrying Jill (GILLIAN JACOBS). Jacob, meanwhile, learns that in the future, he is the billionaire; has landed his dream girl, Sophie (BIANCA HAASE); and wonders if it is worth it to save his deadbeat dad.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have seen the first film may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content and language throughout, graphic nudity, drug use, and some violence.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.