(2015) (Rob Corddry, Craig Robinson) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Three men who used a time machine to get rich must now use the same mysterious technology to go into the future and prevent one of them from being murdered.
- Lou (ROB CORDDRY) and Nick (CRAIG ROBINSON) are two guys who used a time machine to travel back into the past and make themselves wealthy. Lou became a rock star and a billionaire technology pioneer, founding a search-engine company called "Louggle." Nick became a recording star who, every year or so, releases his version of a song that was to have been recorded by someone else years later. Lou's son, Jacob (CLARK DUKE), also time-traveled but has not used his knowledge of the future for any sort of personal gain.
Lou, who has become an even more crass blowhard with a drug problem, is shot while giving a speech. Jacob is able to surmise that the killer is possibly someone from Lou's past who has a bone to pick with him. The possibilities include Gary Winkle (JASON JONES), a bitter ne'er-do-well who was supposed to go on the ski trip that ended up being a time trip; Brad (KUMAIL NANJIANI), a Louggle engineer who has wasted some of his prime years taking orders from Lou; and Kelly (COLLETTE WOLFE), Lou's unfulfilled wife.
After hoping into the hot tub time machine, Lou, Jacob, and Nick find themselves 10 years in the future where they join forces with Adam (ADAM SCOTT), the straight-laced son of one of their best friends who is on the verge of marrying Jill (GILLIAN JACOBS). Jacob, meanwhile, learns that in the future, he is the billionaire; has landed his dream girl, Sophie (BIANCA HAASE); and wonders if it is worth it to save his deadbeat dad.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who have seen the first film may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For crude sexual content and language throughout, graphic nudity, drug use, and some violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.