(2015) (Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A straight-laced female police officer and the wife of a Colombian drug dealer are forced on the run, targeted by drug-cartel hitmen and corrupt cops.
- Rose Cooper (REESE WITHERSPOON) is a disgraced cop now relegated to desk duty in the police evidence room after accidentally tasering a drunk college student and lighting him on fire. She gets a shot at redemption when her boss, Captain Emmett (JOHN CARROLL LYNCH), assigns her to partner with Detective Jackson (RICHARD T. JONES) to protect a criminal named Felipe (VINCENT CARESCA) and his hot-headed wife, Daniella (SOFIA VERGARA), as they prepare to testify against the vicious drug lord, Vicente Cortez (JOAQUIN COSIO).
Daniella is distraught that she will have to enter the government's Witness Protection Program as a result. Those plans are interrupted, though, when two hitmen named Jesus (BENNY NIEVES) and Angel (MICHAEL RAY ESCAMILLA) and corrupt cops Hauer (MATTHEW DEL NEGRO) and Dixon (MICHAEL MOSLEY) launch separate ambushes.
Cooper and Daniella find themselves on the run and clash constantly over everything from the former's straight-laced attitude and insistence on obeying the law to the latter's loud and boisterous manner and willingness to do whatever it takes to stay alive. On the road, they get help from Randy (ROBERT KAZINSKY), a wrongly convicted felon who falls for Cooper. We eventually learn that Jesus and Angel are working for Daniella, who is secretly obsessed with killing Cortez and avenging her murdered brother.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens, especially females, may have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For sexual content, violence, language, and some drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.