(2015) (voices of Jim Parsons, Rihanna) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated Sci-Fi Comedy: After he inadvertently sends out a message that might alert his species' enemy to their whereabouts now on Earth, an extraterrestrial goes on the run with a human teen who's searching for her mother.
- As noted by Oh (voice of JIM PARSONS), his species is quite good at running away, and they've now left their last planet to repopulate Earth. That's in hopes of avoiding detection by their mortal enemy, the Gorg, and after relocating all humans to just one spot on Earth, the Boov take over the planet. To celebrate, Oh sends traffic controller Kyle (voice of MATT JONES) an invite to his welcome party, unaware that he's sent it to everyone. To make matters worse, it's also now traveling away from the planet, likely to arrive in the inbox of the Gorg leader and thus alert him to the new home of the Boov.
As a result, the Boov leader, Captain Smek (voice of STEVE MARTIN), has the smartest Boov try to break Oh's email password and thus stop the message, while also ordering Kyle to find Oh just in case they fail. Little do they know that he's now on the run with Gratuity "Tip" Tucci (voice of RIHANNA), a teenager who accidentally wasn't relocated and has been living in hiding in her city. She's desperate to find her mom, Lucy (voice of JENNIFER LOPEZ), while Oh secretly wants to flee to Antarctica. The two end up forming an unlikely partnership, all while Capt. Smek and the rest of the Boov fear that the Gorg will soon be coming.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into computer-animated movies mixing sci-fi and comedy, they might show some interest (especially among younger kids).
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For mild action and some rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.