(2015) (Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: A multi-millionaire is sentenced to prison for white-collar crimes and hires who he thinks is a thug ex-con to teach him how to survive behind bars.
- James King (WILL FERRELL) is a multi-millionaire investor with a big house, fancy cars, and a beautiful fiancée, Alissa (ALISON BRIE). He is arrested and convicted of fraud, embezzlement, and other white-collar crimes and sentenced to 10 years in prison. The judge gives him 30 days to get his affairs in order, so James hires an African-American man named Darnell (KEVIN HART), who he thinks is an ex-con, to teach him how to survive in jail. Darnell, though, is a squeaky-clean family man with a wife, Rita (EDWINA FINDLEY DICKERSON), and a 10-year-old daughter, Makayla (ARIANA NEAL). He dreams of getting his little girl into a better school district and himself and his wife into a nicer house, so he agrees to "train" James in the thug life in return for the $30,000 down payment he needs for a home in a better zip code.
Darnell soon learns he's in over his head and may end up getting James killed behind bars. So, he recruits his gangster cousin, Russell (hip-hop artist T.I.) to offer James gang protection once he gets to San Quentin. Russell initially bristles at the suggestion until James shows him and his gang how they can turn their drug money into big-time legitimate profits by investing in Wall Street.
Darnell, meanwhile, starts to like James more and more and begins to suspect that he is indeed telling the truth that he is an innocent man. With just a little bit of digging, the two learn that James' boss, Martin (CRAIG T. NELSON), and crooked attorney, Peter (GREG GERMANN), have set him up to take the fall for a bad investment scheme gone wrong.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens who are fans of either Ferrell, Hart, or both will likely have some interest.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For pervasive crude and sexual content and language, some graphic nudity, and drug material.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.