(2015) (Will Smith, Margot Robbie) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: A seasoned con artist must contend with his former protégé coming back into his life and potentially messing up his latest ploy.
- Nicky Spurgeon (WILL SMITH) is a veteran con artist who's skilled at robbing people, whether that's through simple sleight-of-hand manipulation or elaborate heists that involve his various team members, including the likes of Farhad (ADRIAN MARTINEZ) and Horst (BRENNAN BROWN). When an attractive young woman, Jess Barrett (MARGOT ROBBIE), tries to seduce him into her own sort of robbery con, he's immediately on to her and then gives her a few tips before headed to New Orleans for his team's next big score. Jess manages to track him down there, and after a test run to prove her ability to participate with the rest, she joins the team, although she's surprised to see Nicky seemingly lose his cool demeanor while betting with a high stakes gambler, Liyuan (BD WONG), at the Super Bowl.
Despite them being romantically involved, Nicky then cuts her loose and the movie jumps forward three years where millionaire Spanish racecar team owner Rafael Garríga (RODRIGO SANTORO) wants to hire the con man to pull over a fast one on rival race team owner McEwen (ROBERT TAYLOR). Rafael's right-hand man and enforcer, Owens (GERALD McRANEY), doesn't trust Nicky and thinks it's a bad idea, but has to go along with his boss' decision.
But when Nicky starts to enact the plan, he catches sight of Jess with Rafael, a development that throws him for a loop. With everyone's motives in question, Nicky then modifies his plan in what appears to be his bid to win Jess back and get away with as much money as possible.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- They could be interested, especially if they're into con/crime caper films or might be fans of anyone in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For language, some sexual content and brief violence.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.