(2015) (Will Ferrell, Mark Wahlberg) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Comedy: Just when he thinks his young step-kids are finally accepting him as their new dad, their biological father returns home, intent on winning over them and their mother.
- Brad Whitaker (WILL FERRELLL) is an amiable guy with a good job working for Leo (THOMAS HAYDEN CHURCH) at a smooth jazz radio station, while he's recently married Sara (LINDA CARDELLINI). Unable to have kids of his own, he's happy to be a stepfather to two young ones, Dylan (OWEN VACCARO) and Megan (SCARLETT ESTEVEZ), with hopes that they'll eventually call him their dad. When that gets close to fruition, a huge, muscle-bound and handsome obstacle arrives on their doorstep. And that's none other than Sara's ex-husband, Dusty Mayron (MARK WAHLBERG), a covert government type who's in town for a week. Sara isn't happy to see him -- due to Dusty abandoning them in the past -- but the kids are, and Brad figures he should be mature about this and go with the flow.
But it's not long before he sees Dusty as a threat to his status with the kids, especially when he builds them a nice tree house and skateboard ramp with the help of a handyman, Griff (HANNIBAL BURESS), who ends up moving in with them. As the days pass and Dusty keeps making inroad with the kids -- and toward Sara in Brad's eyes -- the mild-mannered stepfather pulls out all the stops in hopes of defeating his new competitor for being the dad of the family.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- The slapstick style antics seen in the ads might draw in some kids, especially if they're fans of Farrell, Wahlberg or anyone else in the cast.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For thematic elements, crude and suggestive content, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.