(2015) (Kate Mara, David Oyelowo) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A meth addict must contend with being taken hostage by an escaped convict.
- Ashley Smith (KATE MARA) is a young waitress who works in the suburbs of Atlanta. Due to being addicted to meth, she's lost custody of her 5-year-old daughter, Paige (ELLE GRAHAM), who now lives with Ashley's mom, Kim Rogers (MIMI ROGERS). Ashley's just moved into a new apartment and is trying to get clean so that she can get Paige back, and the first step of that will be attending a performance Paige will be in the following morning.
At the same time, Brian Nichols (DAVID OYELOWO) has just broken out of the Fulton County jail, and shoots and kills a judge and a number of others, and then flees. After a series of carjackings and another murder, he spots Ashley out in the parking lot at night and kidnaps her. She's terrified and tries to make small talk to keep the situation from escalating into something more dangerous, all while local cops Lt. John Chestnut (MICHAEL K. WILLIAMS) and Sgt. Carmen Sandoval (LEONOR VARELA) head up a massive manhunt for the escaped convict, unaware that he's taken Ashley hostage.
As the night wears on, Ashley and Brian end up learning things about each other and themselves, partially with the help of Rick Warren's devotional book, "The Purpose Driven Life."
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're a fan of someone in the cast or are interested in the true story behind the film, it doesn't seem too likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For mature thematic elements involving violence and substance abuse.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.