<! -- Start Review Content -- > <! -- Start Chart -- >
(2014) (Chris Hemsworth, Viola Davis) (R)
<! -- Start Quick Take -- >
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A furloughed computer hacker teams with his old roommate from MIT to help the Americans and the Chinese track down a ruthless cyber-criminal.
- When an enigmatic cyber-terrorist named Sadak (YORICK VAN WAGERNINGEN) hacks a Chinese nuclear plant and causes a meltdown, China's government enlists the aid of computer genius Chen Dawai (LEEHOM WANG) to find him before he strikes again. Because the attack bears the signature of an earlier hack in the United States that failed, Chen travels to America to furlough his former MIT classmate, Nicholas Hathaway (CHRIS HEMSWORTH), from prison to help him.
Their team includes Chen's sister, Lien (WEI TANG), the only person Chen truly trusts; Carol Barrett (VIOLA DAVIS), an FBI agent who lost her husband on Sept. 11; and her partner, Mark Jessup (HOLT McCALLANY). Their investigation takes them to China, Indonesia, and Malaysia and eventually leads them to a cold-blooded European hoodlum named Kassar (RITCHIE COSTER) with ties to Sadak.
Along the way, Hathaway and Lien fall for each other. But their romance is interrupted when Hathaway takes it upon himself to hack the National Security Agency's mainframe to steal a top-secret software program that will greatly assist them in their search. Tragedy eventually strikes the team, and Hathaway is suddenly placed in a position where he might be the only one who can stop the next big cyber attack.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the presence of Chris Hemsworth, Thor from the popular Marvel Comics movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and some language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.