(2014) (Chris Hemsworth, Viola Davis) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Dramatic Thriller: A furloughed computer hacker teams with his old roommate from MIT to help the Americans and the Chinese track down a ruthless cyber-criminal.
- When an enigmatic cyber-terrorist named Sadak (YORICK VAN WAGERNINGEN) hacks a Chinese nuclear plant and causes a meltdown, China's government enlists the aid of computer genius Chen Dawai (LEEHOM WANG) to find him before he strikes again. Because the attack bears the signature of an earlier hack in the United States that failed, Chen travels to America to furlough his former MIT classmate, Nicholas Hathaway (CHRIS HEMSWORTH), from prison to help him.
Their team includes Chen's sister, Lien (WEI TANG), the only person Chen truly trusts; Carol Barrett (VIOLA DAVIS), an FBI agent who lost her husband on Sept. 11; and her partner, Mark Jessup (HOLT McCALLANY). Their investigation takes them to China, Indonesia, and Malaysia and eventually leads them to a cold-blooded European hoodlum named Kassar (RITCHIE COSTER) with ties to Sadak.
Along the way, Hathaway and Lien fall for each other. But their romance is interrupted when Hathaway takes it upon himself to hack the National Security Agency's mainframe to steal a top-secret software program that will greatly assist them in their search. Tragedy eventually strikes the team, and Hathaway is suddenly placed in a position where he might be the only one who can stop the next big cyber attack.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens may have some interest due to the presence of Chris Hemsworth, Thor from the popular Marvel Comics movies.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For violence and some language.
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2019 Screen It, Inc.