(2015) (voices of David Thewlis, Jennifer Jason Leigh) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Stop-Motion Animated Drama: An author looks to spice up his life while traveling in a city where he's to give a presentation the following day.
- Michael Stone (voice of DAVID THEWLIS) is something of an expert on customer service, and his book on that subject has made him a star in that industry. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife, Donna (voice of TOM NOONAN), and their young son, Henry (voice of TOM NOONAN), and has just arrived in Cincinnati to give a speech about his area of expertise. Yet, as he tries rehearsing his presentation, he can't seem to get his mind off someone from the past who lives there. And that would be Bella (voice of TOM NOONAN), a former girlfriend who wasn't happy with the way they split. Hoping to make amends and perhaps looking to spice up his life, he calls her up after years of no contact. Their meeting for drinks at the hotel bar doesn't go well, however, thus leaving him both unbalanced and seemingly unhinged.
Things look up when he mistakenly knocks on the hotel door of two of his next-day attendees, best friends and co-workers Lisa (voice of JENNIFER JASON LEIGH) and Emily (voice of TOM NOONAN). He's immediately entranced by Lisa as her voice rings out as completely unique to him. Having low self-esteem, she initially doesn't believe his attraction to her is true, but she eventually ends up in bed with him. Having done so, however, he soon starts to see her just like everyone else, a perception that threatens their budding romance.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Older teens might, especially if they're fans of films by co-director Charlie Kaufman ("Being John Malkovich," "Adaptation").
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For strong sexual content, graphic nudity and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.