(2015) (Jason Lee, voice of Justin Long) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Computer-Animated/Live Action Comedy: Three talking chipmunks believe their human father is going to dump them after proposing to his girlfriend in Miami, and thus set off for there from Los Angeles in hopes of stopping the proposal.
- Alvin (voice of JUSTIN LONG), Theodore (voice of JESSE McCARTNEY) and Simon (voice of MATTHEW GRAY GUBLER) are three chipmunks who live with their unofficial adoptive human father, Dave Seville (JASON LEE), in Los Angeles where he works as a record producer. He's recently been seeing Samantha (KIMBERLY WILLIAMS-PAISLEY) and the chipmunks come under the impression that he's going to propose to her on a trip to Miami. They not only fear having her bully son, Miles (JOSH GREEN), as their step-brother, but also that Dave might be done with them and kick them out.
With Miles not wanting to be related to them either, the four set off from L.A. to Miami in hopes of derailing the proposal. Unfortunately, a series of mishaps onboard their flight -- caused by the chipmunks -- brings about the ire of air marshal Agent James Suggs (TONY HALE) who decrees that the trio of rodents be placed on the do not fly list. Now grounded, they and Miles try to make their way however they can to Miami before it's too late, all with Agent Suggs in hot pursuit.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Younger kids probably will, especially if they're fans of any of the previous Chipmunks movies or anything related to the characters.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For some mild rude humor.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.