(2015) (Hunter King, Lexi Ainsworth) (PG-13)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: As a documentary film crew captures their words and mindset, family members, friends and classmates react to the attempted suicide by a high school sophomore who's been bullied and harassed by her former friend.
- South Brookdale High School has just been named one of the best in the country, and thus Amy Gallagher (AMY S. WEBER) has arrived there with a film crew to document what makes the school so special. As they're about to begin, however, one of the students, sophomore Jessica Burns (LEXI AINSWORTH), tries to kill herself. She ends up in a coma, much to the dismay of her parents, Gerald (MARK BOYD) and Margarete (STEPHANIE COTTON), and best friend, Brian Slater (JIMMY BENNETT).
Knowing what Jessica was going through, Brian proposed that she wear a secret spy camera to record the daily bullying and harassment she was experiencing at the hands of her former friend turned tormentor, Avery Keller (HUNTER KING). With Amy interviewing everyone involved, including Principal Richard Harris (MICHAEL MAURICE), the extent of Avery's treatment of Jessica comes to light, as does Avery's home life with parents Kassie (CHRISTY ENGLE) and David (JON W. MARTIN) and older brother, Josh (GINO BORRI) -- all as the comatose student fights for her life and others express their concern and outrage over bullying at the school.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Some teens might show some interest considering it revolves around high school life.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG-13
- For disturbing thematic material involving teens, and for language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.