(2014) (Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern) (R)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Drama: Following her mother's death and the end of her marriage, a woman hikes a 1,000 mile trail in hopes of finding herself.
- Following the death of her mother, Bobbi (LAURA DERN), Cheryl Strayed (REESE WITHERSPOON) fell into a downward spiral of drug use and anonymous sex, much to the dismay of her best friend, Aimee (GABY HOFFMAN), and especially her husband, Paul (THOMAS SADOSKI). After their divorce, Cheryl needs to find herself and thus sets out to hike the one-thousand plus miles of the Pacific Coast Trail by herself.
As she does so and occasionally encounters other fellow hikers such as Greg (KEVIN RANKIN), she ponders her past, including her relationship with Paul, her mother, and her brother, Leif (KEENE McRAE), as well as her descent into heroin use and promiscuity.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- Unless they're fans of anyone in the cast or are really into hiking, it's not that likely.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: R
- For sexual content, nudity, drug use, and language.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- has complete and highly detailed listings of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
PLUS, there are NO ads to distract or slow you down.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly or one-year membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review (and the complete listings of all the Sex, Nudity, Profanity, Violence and more), as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2021 Screen It, Inc.