(2014) (Jim Caviezel, Alexander Ludwig) (PG)
- QUICK TAKE:
- Sports Drama: A successful high school football coach must contend with the challenges of keeping his team's record win streak alive and what to do should his latest squad fail at that.
- It's 2003 and De La Salle High School coach Bob Ladouceur (JIM CAVIEZEL) has once again led his Spartan football team through an undefeated, championship season, extending their winning streak to 151 games. But with stars Cam Colvin (SER'DARIUS BLAIN) and T.K. Kelly (STEPHAN JAMES) having graduated, he and assistant coach Terry Eidson (MICHAEL CHIKLIS) are concerned about whether the rising class of seniors can help the rest of the team rise to the occasion and play to the best of their abilities.
That's particularly true of Tayshon Lanear (JESSIE USHER), a talented but cocky kid who only believes in himself and doesn't think he needs to practice. That puts him at odds with Bob's son, Danny (MATTHEW DADDARIO), who's on the team as a receiver, as well as star running back Chris Ryan (ALEXANDER LUDWIG). He's facing pressure of another kind, namely from his overbearing, glory-seeking father, Mickey (CLANCY BROWN), who wants him to break the state scoring record.
At the same time, Bob's wife, Bev (LAURA DERN), is concerned that he's being more of a coach than a father to Danny and their other kids, and that he's working too hard. That comes to a head when a heart attack sidelines the coach and threatens their upcoming season. Undeterred, quarterback Rick Salinas (RICHARD KOHNKE), defensive end Joe Beaser (JOE MASSINGILL), Chris, Danny and the rest do what they can to deal with the various pressures of the game and season, especially with the win streak looming above them.
- WILL KIDS WANT TO SEE IT?
- If they're into sports dramas, especially football related, they might be interested.
- WHY THE MPAA RATED IT: PG
- For thematic material, a scene of violence, and brief smoking.
That's just the introduction of this review. The full review -- available to our members -- includes summaries of the sex, nudity, profanity, violence and more (15 categories) so you won't be surprised by what you might see or hear in this movie.
We have two options for you:
1) If you're ready to sign for a monthly ($5/month) membership, you can sign up now and get immediate access to this review, others released this week, and thousands of others going back several decades.
We offer a 30-day, money-back guarantee, so you have nothing to lose by signing up. If you're not happy with what we offer, simply contact us and ask for a refund and we'll process that right away.
2) If you want to check out our site first, we invite you to sign up for a FREE 3-day Pass into our Membership Site to our site so that you can finish reading the review as well as take a look at the thousands of other reviews on our site.
No credit card is needed and there's no obligation to continue after the 3 days (although we hope you'll like what you see and then join us as full members).
By entering this site you acknowledge to having read and agreed to the above conditions.
All Rights Reserved,
©1996-2022 Screen It, Inc.